Friday, January 6, 2012

♔ five instant confidence boosters! ♔

I'm not going to lie, I basically have to fight with myself every day in the mirror to get to the point where I think, "Okay, I look pretty decent." There are times when I kind of give up. But the following things are always sure to make me just a little more confident, that require minimal effort.

1. BOOTS
They don't have to come up to your knees or have a five inch heel. Putting on a good pair of boots for me takes a basic outfit and amps up the sex appeal. I feel most kick-ass in a pair of black flat boots, with feminine details, like these I recently purchased from Torrid!













2. CAT EYELINER

 It's an every day staple for me. If I'm not wearing it, people tend to ask me if I'm sick. That alone should tell you the positive things it does for my personal confidence. But even for someone who doesn't typically do eyeliner/eye make up, it instantly brings drama and personality to your face.




3. CURLY HAIR

In my opinion, almost every girl looks sexier with big, bouncy curls. Luckily enough I already have naturally curly hair, but they certainly high maintenance and require TLC and product. Even so, I feel better rocking curls over straightened hair any day.













4. DRESSES/SKIRTS

I'll admit, I'm in a bit of a style rut lately, but for the past few years I've acquired quite a collection of dresses and skirts. I don't always feel like wearing them, but every time I do I'm instantly glad I did. I always feel more feminine and prettier in a dress, even if it's something simple.












5. SOMEONE I LOVE


The easiest and quickest way to boost my confidence is hearing positive words from someone I love. For me, it's my mom or my boyfriend. Both of them have seen me at my worst, and still think I'm hot shit at all times. All it takes is "You look beautiful" from either one of them, and I'm ready to face anything, even a 9 hour work day.

2 comments: